Sunday 8 June 2008

Meet the parents!

The Russell twins cornered me in the corridor the other day. All I could hear was Doug's voice telling me to be myself. So Jess said to me, 'Is it true what they're saying about you and deaf boy?' and I said to her, 'His name's Doug.' She asked if he made funny noises when we got it on and Sarah chipped in, 'Does he grunt?' You know what? I just laughed and said, 'Only if he's really turned on.' and they walked off. Result!

So they like picking on me. So what? I don't care because if Doug likes me everything's cool. However.... he's invited me to meet his parents and I am bricking it because a) they might hate me and b) I'll have to return the offer aaarghh!!! What do you do when you meet your boyfriend's parents?! Any advice????

PLEASE POST ME A COMMENT. You don't need to be registered and you can post anonymously.

NEXT POST BY MONDAY 16th JUNE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parents are tricky, mate. They mighht be really nice or they might be really nasty. Sorry not making you feel betta! Are they deaf or hearing? x

Liz said...

OOOh, now I'm scared! ;) They are hearing and so is Doug's brother, Sam (but he's fluent in BSL.)

Amy Linder said...

Have fun at the dinner. His parents will love you! You'll get to chat with them and they'll get to see how much sign language you've learned. Even if you don't feel you've learned much, it's been enough to get by with Doug so far. And maybe his family can help you learn some more!