Sunday 25 May 2008

The date!

Oh, I don't know about anything now. It's all so confusing. I think my brain might burst. Along with my heart.

Doug asked me where I wanted to go and there was a film I wanted to see and he was checking where it was on and I didn't understand because I knew it was everywhere.... (pause for breath)... Well, he was looking for a showing with subtitles d'oh! because it's too hard to lip read on screen. I tried it on TV with the sound down and it's bloody impossible!

In the end, we went for pizza and got the bus and we were sitting next to each other and that's pretty crap for lip reading too. But good for touching thighs ;) The waitress asked if we wanted extra cheese and Doug didn't see or hear and I answered no and I didn't even ask him. How crap was that?

There was so much more that went wrong but I don't even want to think about it! :( But he did kiss me at the door and that was pretty amazing! ;)

I've only just started thinking about learning to sign and now I'm realising there's so much to deaf communication. It's a whole new world to me, it really is. What I need is 'The Idiot's Guide to Dating a Deaf Person' but I don't think such a book exists. I want the inside info. All the secret tips, so I can impress him.

How can I learn all this stuff without making a total show of myself? Help!

Please post me a comment. You don't need to be registered and you can post anonymously.

NEXT POST BY MONDAY 7th JUNE

4 comments:

Amy Linder said...

Hey! It sounds like it all went just fine! I'm sure you must be thinking about all the small things you "obviously" did wrong. But that's your view of things. Because you're being way too hard on yourself! He kissed you, didn't he? That's awesome! Sounds like a second date isn't too far away at all. Have fun and RELAX!

Megan said...

He kissed you! He kissed you! How wonderful is that?

Anonymous said...

Hiya

Like you say it's whole new world. It's a lot of new stuff to get used to so give yourself a break.

He kissed ya so you must be doing something right! ;)

Liz said...

Yeah, he kissed me..............................xxx